West Virginia Expedition – Part 5

I noticed that the two young couples had started a really large bonfire. I figured they were there to have a good time hanging out around a fire. I turned my attention back to the guys and we continued to talk. A short time passed and I happened to glance in the direction of the really large fire, and I could see the shape of someone running around, or jumping over the fire. I thought this was odd, and wanted to see what was going on. I remembered that I had a pair of binoculars in my pack so I got them to take a look and see what was going on. I did not expect to see what I saw that night.

Though the view through the binoculars wasn’t that great, I could see one of the guys frantically running around the fire. At first I couldn’t tell, but eventually could see that he was butt naked. Next; I could see the two young ladies down on there knees, and facing away from the fire. They also looked to be naked as well. I remember thinking to myself, “What is going on here?” That’s when I saw a dark figure step forward out of the shadows, and into the light of the fire. It was one of those two guys; he was dressed in long black cape, and was wearing a horned devil mask on his face. I remember thinking to myself that I was about to see someone get killed, but I continued to watch. The caped man stepped forward and raised his hands into the air like he was saying something. The guy running around the fire seemed to go into a berserk state and began to writhe his arms as he ran around the fire in a hunched fashion. The caped man stepped forward in front of one of the girls and she began to perform a sex act on him. I remember saying “What the heck!” The guys in my camp became interested and wanted to take a look and I gave them the binoculars so they could do so.

By the time everyone else had got done looking at the spectacle, the small group had put out their fire, and we could see their headlights coming towards us on the upper road. They passed and went up the mountain and were not seen again during our stay. I know this doesn’t have anything to do with Bigfoot research, but wanted to include it because I want to be as unfiltered as possible. Needless to say; it creeped me out even more than I was from the events that had already happened that day.

Something didn’t feel right, and I’ll admit that I was a little bit shook up by everything that had happened already. The host had been unable to determine why his car wouldn’t start, but had scheduled a tow to come get the vehicle on the day that the expedition was to be over. I asked if it would be OK for me to sleep in the back seat of the car, and he said that it would be OK. I told Bob that he could use my tent that night, and he said that he appreciated it. His plan was to sleep in his truck. At least if he used my tent he would be able to stretch out and get some half decent rest.

We continued to hang out near the campfire and talk. We started to hear owls calling in the distance. The guys kept saying that the owl calls didn’t sound right, but to me they sounded like normal owls. The only thing I could tell was that the calls would come from one location, and then after a few minutes they came from another. Not something terribly concerning due to the fact that owls could fly from one location to another, and call once they reached that location. It made sense to me. We listened to them for a good while and then the calls stopped.

It got time for everyone to bed down, and everyone retreated to their tents. I took my sleeping bag and crawled into the back seat of the car. I locked the doors, curled up and went to sleep. After a while I woke up and was really hot. I rolled the window down about an inch to let some fresh air in, and my hope was that it would help cool the car down some. I fell back to sleep. I don’t know how long I was asleep, but I was awakened by a sound outside of the car. I laid there covered up in the sleeping bag with it pulled up over my head. I wasn’t sure what the sound was that woke me up, but passed it off initially as nothing and tried to go back to sleep. All of a sudden I hear a low guttural inhaling sound coming from the area of the crack in the window. I laid there as still as I could. I didn’t move an inch, and inside I was freaking out a little bit. I continued to lay there, listening. I hear nothing after that. After a while I fell back to sleep.

The next morning when I got up and got around. Bob was sitting by the camp fire drinking coffee. I walked up and was trying to get woke up fully when he asked me if I got up during the night. I told him that I hadn’t, and he told me that he was asleep in the tent, and was awakened by someone moving around the camp. He told me that he thought it was me because whoever it was walked up to where by pack was, and was rummaging around in it. I instantly became concerned because I know that my pistol was in my pack. I looked into my pack and learned that everything was still there. I was the only one that was armed in the camp, and no one knew that I had my pistol in my pack. I wanted to make sure that no one had taken it. I was relieved to find it still there.